Fire Safety Audit
- To carry out a systematic, critical appraisal of all potential Fire hazards involving personnel, premises, services & operation method
- To ensure that occupational Safety & Health System fully satisfy the legal requirements and those of company’s written safety policies , objectives & progress
Scope of Work
Fire Hazard Identification
- Identifying potential fire / explosion hazards / risks in the Premises and suggesting appropriate preventive measures
- Evaluate the Fire risk in each operation / area.
Fire fighting system
- Evaluate the location of the Fire pump house and water storage tank to meet the Statute and standard requirements and the availability of nearby hazards.
- Adequacy of the underground and above ground fire water tank and pumping capacity, Availability of Overhead tank and its interconnection with Fire water network, and backup supply
- Configuration of the pumps and valves for the hydrant and sprinkler system
- Checking the Adequacy of the sprinkler system, detection system, operating temperature / other parameter
Fire detection and alarm system
- Adequacy of the Fire detection and alarm (FDA) system with respect to relevant standards, positioning of the detectors with respect to ventilation system, beam depth, obstructions, etc.
- Checking the availability and adequacy of the backup power supply to FDA panel and other electrically operated emergency equipments
- Type of cables used for emergency service.
Gas suppression system
- Assess the requirement of Gas suppression system based on fire risk and criticality of the equipments / operations as per relevant standards.
- Assessing the location of the Gas suppression cylinders, routing of pipeline, location of manual release and abort switches and panel, Standby power supply, etc.
- Checking the adequacy and deployment of the portable Fire extinguisher as per relevant standards.
- Accessibility to extinguishers as per relevant standards and availability of refills, mounting practice, etc.
Passive fire protection
- Segregation of the facilities and utilities, requirement of fire partition walls and its fire rating
- Segregation of power cables and data cables and utilities lines
- Addressing the fire spread through vertical and horizontal openings meant for cable passes, utility lines, etc.
- Fire rating of the emergency exit doors, Fire lifts, etc.
- Fire rating of building construction, internal partitions and false ceilings.
Emergency Management & Life Safety System
- Availability of Emergency preparedness plan
- Adequacy of emergency exit based on occupant load / type of occupancy / type of exit
- Adequacy and availability of emergency lights and ventilation
- Segregation of the emergency exit from the remaining facility.
- Communication of emergency, Mutual Aid, etc.
- Approach road width and clearance.
- Access and egress to the building.
- Open space around the building.
- Adequacy of siganges.
- Assess the requirement of passive fire protection system like cable pass sealants, etc.
- Assessment of fire safety training level of security staff, and facility management staff.
- Assessment of emergency plan, fire mockup drill records, evacuation plan and its adequacy.
Reporting & Recommendations :
At the end of field study, a Fire Safety Audit report will be provided on the findings of the study and recommendations for next course of action. The recommendations suggested for risk improvement would be categorized as Category A, B and C. The criterion for categorization is presented as follows: